Friday, February 5, 2010

Excuse me, Miss

Yesterday, during 2nd period one of my students (who says anything on her mind), politely raised her hand during our math discussion. I called on her and she said, "Excuse me, Miss Anderson, but you need to fix your boob. It's really bothering me." I looked at her and was trying to figure out what in the world she was referring to as I practically had on a turtleneck that day. How could my boob possibly be showing or causing her to feel bothered? After staring at her for what seemed like forever, she said, "You know the thing on your necklace. The boob. You need to move it to the back of your neck. It's bothering me." Ah, apparantly the clasp is now being called the boob of the necklace. Nothing to be embarassed about!

3 comments:

  1. Ha!

    I was on a date with a guy a couple weeks back and we met his friends...his one friend said to me, "I can see your nipple". I didn't let the panic surge through me since I was wearing a very covering shirt w/ a jacket over it, but I was quite stunned and self-conscious until he said my necklace. Jerk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One time I was teaching and was so excited because I thought I really had my students attention. They were leaning forward in their seats, eyes were on me, etc. I was just so proud. Then one of my students raised his hand and informed me that my "hair was sticking straight up." So much for a good lesson.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too funny! You learn something new everyday! Did anyone in the class laugh at her - or did they all know what she was talking about?

    ReplyDelete