Tuesday, June 1, 2010
My husband, the hero!
Today, Case and I went to lunch with Jeff. As we were parking, a big suburban pulled into the parking space right in front of us and smashed into the mini van sitting right next to it. We both kind of cringed and proceeded to get Case out of the car, glad that it wasn't our car and we didn't have to deal with that mess. Well, Case wasn't cooperating and took a little longer than normal to get out of his carseat. While I was talking to Case, Jeff was watching the guy in the Suburban and I was kind of keeping an eye on him wondering what he'd say when he got out of the car and inspected the mini-van. We got Case out of the car and started walking towards the restaurant. We then noticed that the guy in the Suburban backed up and took off speeding out of the parking lot. Jeff immediately got out his phone and ran after the car getting the guys license plates (isn't that what they do in the movies?). The guy hadn't even bothered to do anything about the car he'd just smashed into and was taking off. Jeff got ahold of the police, reported what had happened and gave them the suburban's license plates. We then went in and ordered our food. A little later, I saw a police car pull in so Jeff went out to talk to the officer and give another statement. He spent most of his lunch talking to the police. Hopefully they catch that guy. What a good observer Jeff was to get the guys license plates as he was speeding out of the lot. Of course, I would have chased after the car but I'm 9 months pregnant and can just waddle around!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I think your husband is one of the handiest guys to have around!
ReplyDelete