
I had a feeling that my little girl would make her mommy happy and come early, but I wasn't expecting her 10 days early. Case's cousins had come Wednesday afternoon to spend 2 days with us. I had started having contractions the night before but nothing consistent so I decided to go ahead and have the boys come. I told Collin to keep his phone close, but never thought I'd actually have to send the boys home early! Contractions started coming pretty consistently Wednesday night around 9pm. I went to bed at 10 and of course, couldn't sleep because they were getting stronger and closer together. The dr. had told me that the 2nd one comes faster and not to wait until they were 5 minutes apart. Around 10:30/11 I started timing them and they were anywhere from 2 minutes to 5 minutes. We started packing our bags and wondered what to do with the boys because Shiloh was housesitting 45 minutes away.
I figured I was in false labor and kept telling Jeff that things were fine and we wouldn't need to call Shiloh. He finally called a nurse who ended our conversation by saying, "I'll let the hospital know you're on your way!" Yikes, this was real. We called Shiloh and told her to head over and then I called my dear friend Elena who lives about 10 minutes away. She came over around 12:30am to watch the boys until Shiloh got here.
We got to the hospital a little after 1am and got checked in. I was 3cm dilated and 80% effaced. I guess this was real! Around 3:30 they checked me again and I was not 5cm and fully effaced. We were having a baby. They moved us into the delivery room, quickly got me an epidural (I'd been having back labor and was pretty miserable), and then told us to rest. Around 4:30am they came in and broke my water and said they'd be back in 2 hours to deliver. Jeff rested, I couldn't. I couldn't believe it was happening. It was the longest 2 hour wait!
I started pushing around 7:30 and the nurse then told me to wait because the dr. wasn't ready. We waited through a couple contractions, he came in, I gave four pushes, and she was out!

What a beautiful family you have and what a precious new addition! Congrats! Can't wait to meet her - and I LOVE her name!
ReplyDeleteCongrats! She's beautiful!
ReplyDeleteOh we rejoice with you!! Siahna is beautiful - just like her mama!! Is there a story behind her name? Love to all FOUR of you!! Yea!
ReplyDeleteWe played around with the name Sienna but it is too common so Jeff changed it to Siahna and then we had to figure out how we wanted to spell it. Grace is b/c we feel so blessed to have a baby girl after 2 miscarriages in the last year.
ReplyDelete