Monday, July 25, 2011

Half of my life

As our 6 year wedding anniversary quickly approaches (August 6), I have come to the realization that I have known Jeff for half of my life! 17 years ago, I graduated from high school and I still remember that Sunday when Jeff had sang at church and I wondered who that great singer was. It took a lot of bribing, but I finally talked my friend Carina into introducing ourselves to this guy after church. I'm pretty sure I was in love at that point!

Five years of college and we were good friends and I made every excuse in the book to go over to his house and hope that he would give me the time of day. My girlfriends (and even Jonas, Jeff's best friend) can attest that I was head over heels for Jeff all through my college years. When I graduated, I decided to move to Omaha. Jeff and I remained friends all five years that I lived in Omaha and during my last year there, I saw him more and more as he came to Omaha for different trainings.

Then, I decided that I needed to get out of Omaha and follow my brother and sister to Denver. I moved and came back to Kearney for Thanksgiving. Sometime during that weekend, Jeff and I went out for drinks and he talked me into coming over and seeing his house that he was in the process of remodeling. At one point during the evening, Jeff leaned over and kissed me. I laughed in his face and probably continued laughing for the next month whenever he kissed me! This could not be happening (finally)! I was in Denver. Now was not the time to like me. I had moved on. My hopes of "us" were long over.

Long story short, we started dating after Thanksgiving. It was pretty easy for me to find those old feelings and fall madly in love with him once again. :) We were engaged on May 13 and married August 6. It was a dream come true and a long awaited answer to many prayers.

There's nobody else that I would want to go through the trials of life with. And nobody else that I would want to be the father of my children (and what a great daddy he is). Six years of marriage, but half of my life head over heels. :)

7 comments:

  1. This is a sweet post! Happy Anniversary!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He makes a great brother-in-law.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE your guys' story!

    I still remember when Jeff would come out to visit. And he even came white water rafting with us! Oh the sacrafices to get in good with your friends!

    Happy (almost) Anniversary to both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! You guys are adorable:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. six years!?! wow!! oh how i remember the "beginning" of your dating relationship... driving to kearney and hearing the whole story! meeting jeff for the first time! and of course, your beautiful wedding!!

    six years and two beautiful children later... CONGRATULATIONS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember that Thanksgiving in Kearney :) You two are perfect together...Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhh, memories of you and me sitting on swings nearby his house, talking about Jeff....

    ReplyDelete