Monday, March 26, 2012

Moving???

Jeff and I are toying with the idea of upgrading our home. Yes, moving to a new home. I do love our home (even though I prayed our bid wouldn't be accepted) as it has so many memories of us raising our kids here and being our first home together as a family and a couple. But, there are probably two major things that drive me crazy about it as well.

#1 - I can't stand our kitchen. It is tiny, tiny, tiny. I always get stressed out when we have company because there is absolutely no room for help in the kitchen and no where to put anything. Dishes pile up, people are practically standing on each other and every time you turn around someone is in your space. So, yes, I would love, love, love a bigger kitchen, more counter space and more storage space.

#2 - Siahna still wakes up during the night sometimes and having her in the basement is not a fun trek to make during the middle of the night. Often, it is a couple of trips during the night or early morning. I would love to have all of us on the same level and would just feel better knowing my babies are close and I could hear them if they called.

So, Jeff and I have started talking about moving. We kind of feel like if we make that major move, we should move in the next year before Case starts school so that he's not uprooted and has to start a new school and make new friends. This morning I asked him (Case) what he would think if we moved to a new house. He burst into tears and said, "But, I like my bunk bed. I don't want to leave it." I guess I should have done a better job of explaining what moving meant before I asked him. :)

The hardest part is trying to figure out where in the city we would want to live if we could move anywhere. You have to consider the school districts. Jeff's work. Aunt Dido. Having access to shopping, libraries, rec centers, bike trails, parks, etc. The city seems so huge when you start looking at all those things.

I would like for my readers to leave a comment on what you would look for in a new home. What's important to you? What's a must have in your next home?

3 comments:

  1. Top of the list: some place close to my best friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the North area. It seems like it is less crowded! But knowing where Jeff works - he might not enjoy the commute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holls - I totally agree. Wouldn't that be nice?

    Lisa - Maybe it's just me, but your area seems more crowded. Getting from 25 to your place on 120th is a nightmare most of the time with traffic backed up. I think we'll stay south but maybe move closer to i-25 (if we move).

    ReplyDelete