Saturday, March 31, 2012

Jalapeno Popper Burgers

I eat a hamburger about 2x a year, but when I saw this recipe I knew I had to try it. I love spicy food and it sounded delicious. Try it and let me know what you think.

3 jalapeno peppers, halved lengthwise and seeded (I only used 2 and it was quite spicy)
1 t. olive oil
6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
1 pkg. (3 oz.) cream cheese, softened
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 t. salt
1 t. lemon-pepper seasoning
1/2 t. pepper
1/4 t. paprika
2 lbs. ground beef
4 slices pepper Jack cheese (we used provolone b/c I already knew they'd be spicy)
4 hamburger buns
Lettuce, tomato, guacamole if wanted

1. Brush jalapenos with oil. Grill, covered, over medium heat 3-5 minutes or until tender, turning occasionally. (I used our George Foreman since they were little peppers and it only took about 2 minutes). When cool enough to handle, finely chop. In a small bowl, combine the bacon, cream cheese and jalapeno until blended.

2. In a large bowl, combine the garlic, salt, lemon-pepper, pepper and paprika. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 8 thin patties. Spoon bacon mixture onto center of four patties; top with remaining patties and press edges firmly to seal.

3. Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat for 6-7 minutes on each side until a meat thermometer reads 160 degrees and juices run clear. Top with cheese. Cover and cook 1-2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.

4. Grill buns, cut side down, over medium heat for 30-60 seconds or until toasted. Serve burgers on buns with lettuce, tomato and guacamole.

Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment