Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Beautiful Colorado Part II

My parents brought their 4-wheelers camping so Jeff, Case & I spent 4 hours going through back country Colorado.  Case rode with Jeff and was quite the trooper because it's not always comfortable being the passenger.
It was beautiful.
Photo Op time!
Siahna got a ride around the parking lot and loved it.  We could hear her giggling as they zoomed by.
There was a huge house fire not far from where we were camping.  It was a little scary with all the wild fires we've had in CO.  Someone even drove through our campgrounds and told us there was a mandatory evacuation (there really wasn't) but it was a little nerve racking thinking about what to take and what to leave behind and it was only a camper!
We took a tour of the Redstone Castle.  Most of the furniture is the original furniture from the early 1900's.  The "castle" was recently used in the filming of a movie that's due to come out this Fall - "The Frozen" I think is what it will be called.
It rained so much all week that there were rock slides that closed the road to our campgrounds.
Don't you just love the chicken on the back of the pickup in front of us?!

2 comments:

  1. The best part is getting to see you. It's always just too short! We need to plan a family reunion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know that I'm a couple of days late but I want to wish a very happy birthday to you!!!!! I love you sweet girl!!!! God bless and keep you! Love, Aunt Christy for all of us

    ReplyDelete