Monday, October 27, 2008

Viva Las Vegas...not

Jeff and I spent this last weekend in Vegas. Although I had a blast, I really have no desire to go back. It really is a very corrupt town.

We stayed at Circus Circus which is one of the oldest casinos still left.
Our first day we walked and walked for miles. We did some shopping - visited the M&M store and then went to my favorite - the Coca Cola store. While there we sampled 16 Coke drinks from other countries. One was very bitter that Jeff could not stand. I didn't think it was too bad. It was from Italy.
I liked them all.
Here is a pic of New York New York.
Our second night there we took a helicopter ride over downtown Vegas. I will upload some video at a later time. That was the highlight of the trip. I'd never been in a heli and it's truly an amazing experience.

Jeff won around $250 playing Texas Hold 'Em while I lost about $50 in the nickel slots. It truly is addictive. I just couldn't stop. :)
Now we are home and I'm off work today with a sick child. His poor aunt & uncle had to take care of him all weekend.

4 comments:

  1. Looks like you guys have a line of shots for your taking. You call it coke, I call it liquor :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will say that we did a jager bomb and I was very tipsy afterwards. But, it was sooooo good. I've been wanting one since giving birth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you guys had fun!

    I know what you mean about Vegas...It's a pretty sad place if you think about it.

    Can't wait to see pictures from your helicopter ride!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shannon, Shannon, Shannon. What would your mother say if she knew you were drinking a Jager Bomb???

    Ask Sonya if she likes them. She drinks her shots like a glass of wine.

    ReplyDelete