I've been a slacker the last few days but we've been super busy. Yesterday afternoon we had an appt. with the genetics people at Children's Hospital. It was basically to meet with them to discuss our family medical history and to determine if there was anything in our history to warrant genetic testing for Siahna. We first met with the nurse and gave her a detailed family history and background on Siahna. Then, the dr. came in. After talking with her for 30 minutes or so and after she observed Siahna for that time, she told us that before she came in she had a long list of things that could be "wrong" with Siahna but as she talked with us and interacted with Siahna, she started crossing those things off her list. Which is when she told us that Siahna is much worse on paper than she is in person. I guess that's a compliment, right? She saw no reason to pursue genetic testing in extreme but had about 4 tests (labwork) that she wants us to do in the next few weeks that could have an underlying genetic cause and to come back in 6 months to re-evaluate unless the tests come back positive for something. Overall, it was encouraging and once again by being at Children's I was reminded that some parents have it much worse and are dealing with life long disabilities with their children. We may be dealing with a life long disability in some respects, but I know Siahna will be able to function in society and will be just fine with or without special help.
I find joy in my sufferings and although I sometimes question God, I remember her smiling face, her determination and her busyness and there is joy there. I think of when I first held her. How excited we were when she first started laughing. The joy that Case brings to her (and us). There is joy in the midst of troubles...sometimes you just have to look for them.
No comments:
Post a Comment