groupon
Web definitions
Groupon is a deal-of-the-day website that is localized to major markets in the United States and Canada.I buy Groupons all the time...and some of my friends make fun of me for it. "Where should we eat?" "I don't know. See where Shannon has a Groupon to." "I bet Shannon has a Groupon for that!", etc. You get the idea.
Why shouldn't I buy Groupons? I should be the one making fun of my friends for not having a Groupon. I'm the one saving money while they're paying full price. Why not spend $20 to get $40 worth of food at one of our favorite restaurants?
Awhile back, I bought a Groupon for a chocolate and wine tasting in a little chocolate store in downtown Littleton. $49 for 2 people to go to a chocolate and wine pairing class (normally $50 per person).
Thursday night Jeff and I used the Groupon and it was wonderful. She taught us all about chocolate - did you know chocolate is a fruit and therefore it's good for you? She taught us how to eat chocolate the right way so that you can taste all the flavors - put it between your thumb and pointer so that it begins to melt (chocolate melts at 94 degrees), then put it on the tip of your tongue and let it melt in your mouth. After the chocolate starts to melt you carefully take a drink of wine and let the two mix and notice how the chocolate affects the taste of the wine. We had 10 different kinds of chocolate and 4 wines.
Moscato d'Asti - Risatta from Italy with milk chocolate amaretto & dark chocolate lemon.
Malbec - Gouguenheim from Argentina with dark chocolate irish cream &dark chocolate black cherry.
Zinfandel - Clos du Bois from California with dark chocolate raspberry &dark chocolate chili pepper meltaway.
Tawny Port - R.L. Buller & Sons from Australia with dark chocolate orange & dark chocolate & espresso.
Wouldn't this be fun to do at home? Assign a different chocolate or wine to each of your friends and do your own chocolate and wine tasting at home. I think I might!
No comments:
Post a Comment