Sunday, June 12, 2011

Birthday Party #4

Since I'm not working next year, I've decided that my new job should be planning birthday parties for kids. I had so much fun planning Case's fourth birthday and it was a hit with the kids. Case wanted a super hero birthday so everything was geared around super heroes. Our food was even named Super Hero names such as "Captain America Shields" - circle corn chips. "Power Pellets" - M&M's. "Robin's Eggs" - deviled eggs. "Light Sabers" - straight pretzels.

The invites, that we had a friend make to look like Case, invited the kids to come to defeat the Super Villain. The first game they played was to find a bunch of tiny super heroes that Grandpa Doug had hidden around the yard. After that, the Super Villain showed up and rained on their party with rain balloons. The kids had to destroy the rain balloons by smashing and popping them so that it didn't rain on the party.



I made each child a super hero cape with their initials on it with their favorite color.
Another game the kids played was the Super Villain brought kryptonite and blocked the way to the presents. The kids had to pick up the kryptonite (rocks painted green) with tongs and put them in a hazardous materials bucket (cooler).
Lastly, when the Super Villain showed up the third time the kids were prepared to finally defeat him (note their hands behind their backs).
Super Villain taunting them one last time.
The kids defeat the SV by "shooting" him with Silly String and wrap him all up.
The SV has been defeated!
Case handcuffs the SV and takes him to "jail." He locks him in the garage.
Case & Carson - "Is it time to open presents yet?"
We just did cupcakes this year (note bottom left hand corner - we order fondant super hero cupcake toppers in the shape of Superman, Batman and Spiderman)
Aunt Lisa (my mom's sister) and Siahna

Guests also had to RSVP with their Super Hero name, power and color. Here are some of my favorites (and don't be offended if I didn't pick you!)

Grandpa Doug

aka Dangerous Doogie

Super Power

Ability to Dodge Moving and Standing still Vehicles at Super Power Speeds and Avoiding Accidents with such vehicles, leaving behind a sea of accidents from others dodging Dangerous Doogie

Super Color

Neon Red (from flashing red lights from rescue vehicles and police cars)


Case Anderson

aka Sticky Man

Super Power

Wrapping people up in tape/Flying power

Super Color

Yellow


Jeff Anderson

aka Super Snooze

Super Powers

The ability to sleep through anything at any time and any place. Also has super snoring powers.

Super Color

Green


Siahna Anderson

aka No-Napper Woman

Super Power

The ability to stay awake for hours on end. Will chew on anything placed in her path.

Super Color

Lime Green & Pink


Overall, I have to say, it was quite a fantastic birthday and the kids had fun. I had fun planning it as well.




4 comments:

  1. I always knew Jeff had a villainous streak in him! :O)
    Very cute party. I cannot believe Case is four years old already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very fun party. I'm sad I didn't make the photos since I was Wonder Woman!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! You did such a great job, so creative. That's a birthday Case will remember for years!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the superhero party...so creative! And Jeff is quite the sport to be a villain! I'm pretty sure it would take A LOT to convince Matt to be a villain!

    ReplyDelete