Wednesday, February 8, 2012

How Naughty Can One Little Girl Be?

I bet I take Siahna off the kitchen table at least 50 times a day! She can often be found going through the candy bowl on the table. As if that isn't naughty enough, she has learned to shake her head "No" so as I take her down and tell her "No climbing," she shakes her head "No."

She has also started standing without holding on to anything and she's pretty pleased with herself. As I'm typing, she's standing on the kitchen table chair, not holding on to anything and standing like a big girl. She thinks it's pretty hilarious.

The girls at the gym told me this morning that they tell her not to climb and she just smiles as big as she can, shakes her head No and proceeds to climb. They don't call her Siahna at the gym, they call her Monkey!

Jeff and I both agree that in the last week we feel like she's started understanding us more. Last night at music her shoe was across the room and I pointed at it and told her to go get it. She did. A month ago she couldn't/wouldn't follow a simple command like that. Her vocabulary is increasing and she can look towards things that I ask her about. Since we have two feet of snow on the ground, she has definitely learned that word.

She is busy and I wouldn't have it any other way. Although I would prefer to not have a sore back all the time from lifting her off the table. She'll be walking soon, I know it, and that will open a whole new can of worms.

No comments:

Post a Comment