Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Who Needs A Gym Membership?

Seriously. I don't know how my 19 month old can find so many naughty things to do. She's a climber, you know that. When I shower I usually have her in the bathroom with me. And, I usually have to shower with one hand holding the curtain closed (because she is constantly opening the curtain) and one knee pushing her head down to keep her from climbing into the tub. Today, she didn't bother me, but when I got out of the shower my makeup was spread out all over the floor and she had opened my little pouch of barrettes and rubber bands and those were strewn about the floor as well. Oh, well. At least she kept herself busy!

When I got out, I started a bath for the kids because they can play while I dry my hair. Multi-tasking! I went into our closet and heard a loud thump followed by loud screaming. I quickly ran into the bathroom expecting to find Siahna sprawled out on the floor. Nowhere to be seen. I then realized she was in the tub! She had climbed up on the side of the tub and had fallen in head first fully clothed. She was soaking wet and screaming. Another bruise on the forehead. So, who needs a gym membership when they're constantly chasing after their 1 year old?

On a side note, I took Siahna in yesterday to get her lab work done that genetics had called for. They needed a urine sample and blood work. Do you know how hard it is to make a 1 year old go potty? Seriously! We got the results back last night. What's frustrating is that they don't send any explanation in the email. Just the results. They tell you what the test was, what the normal range is and what the child's results are. There was one thing that was unusually high (0-130 is normal and she was at 189). I quickly emailed the doctor but haven't heard back yet. Maybe this is an answer?

1 comment:

  1. Picturing the shower scene made me giggle!! Kayla fell in fully clothed a couple of times too. Maybe I need to have another baby to get in shape......um no - I will stick with the gym membership! HA!

    ReplyDelete