Well, Denver has been lucky enough to hold the Democratic National Convention. I've been watching the news at night this week as we prepared and began the convention. I feel like I'm in another country when I see scenes on the news. There are tons of police downtown in riot gear, people being arrested left and right for protesting, movie stars in town, etc. Major streets and interstates are closed this week to keep people away from downtown or away from certain areas. It's just craziness.
Last night, 4 people were arrested in a plot to assassinated Obama. The police just happened to pull this man over as he was driving because he was swerving. When they looked in his car they found all these weapons, which lead to his friends which lead to this plot of assassination. Craziness.
Jeff went downtown today because he wanted to see what it was like. There were police riding around in armoured vehicles in their riot gear and quite a few people (more than normal) near the convention center. I strictly forbade him from going downtown this week in fear he would end up in the middle of a riot, but he doesn't listen.
Sunday when we got back into the city from NE, we spotted about 4 blackhawk helicopters flying over downtown. Jeff is sure they were keeping an eye on things and listening in to people's conversations.
I can't wait for the week to be over and the city to return to normal.
It's fun that such a piece of history is happening right in your backyard. I saw the picture of the guy arrested for the assassination plot--he looked like a neo punk.
ReplyDelete